Search for Jobs
ECH Every Child's Hope has many positions caring for the children we serve.
Following is a list of our current openings:
TRANSITIONAL LIVING SPECIALIST
ECH is seeking a Transitional Living Specialist for an OVERNIGHT, awake shift. The Transitional Living Specialist will be responsible for maintaining a healthy environment in a group setting for youth to meet their individual goals; to assist youth with self-esteem and developing independent living skills. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Supervision of youth who are in residing in a group living setting in the community;
- Provision of support, guidance, and education regarding independent living skills (such as cooking, shipping, transportation, filling out job applications, budgeting, and keeping their living environment);
- Completion of case notes;
- Coordinate with professional staff including the youth's therapist, psychiatrist, legal guardian, and others to implement and monitor the treatment plan.
Qualified candidates must possess the following:
- Must be at least 21 years of age;
- Possess any combination of training and experience equal to a bachelor’s degree from a college or university in a field related to human services;
- Have 2 years of experience working with people; and
- Must be of good moral character and able to serve as a positive role model for youth; to work under a great deal of stress and to seek on-the-job training.
The ECH School at Every Child's Hope is seeking a Teacher's Assistant/Floater for a temporary (may lead to permanent position. The Teacher's Assistant/Floater will:
- Assist in the organization and operation of the In School Suspension Room.
- Help to carry out small group activities for the purpose of providing classroom activities and routines that support individual/group needs and/or delivering services in compliance with established guidelines
- Monitor students in a variety of educational settings (e.g. classroom, playground, field trips, etc.) for the purpose of providing a safe and positive learning environment.
- Respond to emergency situations for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns and/or directing to appropriate personnel for resolution.
- Attend meetings and/or workshops (e.g. in-service, staffing, training, parent meetings, interdisciplinary team, etc.) for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform functions and/or maintaining their professional knowledge.
- Become a substitute in the building wherever staff is absent (stabilization area, teacher assistant, or classroom substitute)
Must be at least 21 years of age and possess a minimum of 60 hours of college credit.
SPECIAL EDUCATION TEACHER
Great opportunity for teachers who would love to be part of a team that serves children ages 7 to 21 with learning disabilities, behavioral difficulties, and psychiatric disorders. On-site therapists work with students. Competitive salary, excellent benefits, and collaborative work environment. The Special Education Teacher will:
- Administer standardized ability and achievement tests to kindergarten or elementary students with special needs
- Collaborate with other teachers or administrators to develop, evaluate, or revise kindergarten or elementary school programs
- Confer with other staff members to plan or schedule lessons promoting learning, following approved curricula
- Confer with parents, administrators, testing specialists, social workers, or other professionals to develop individual education plans (IEPs)
- Confer with parents, guardians, teachers, counselors, or administrators to resolve students' behavioral or academic problems
- Coordinate placement of students with special needs into mainstream classes
- Develop individual educational plans (IEPs) designed to promote students' educational, physical, or social development
- Develop or implement strategies to meet the needs of students with a variety of disabilities
- Employ special educational strategies or techniques during instruction to improve the development of sensory- and perceptual-motor skills, language, cognition, or memory
- Encourage students to explore learning opportunities or persevere with challenging tasks to prepare them for later grades.
Must possess at least 2 years experience and cross-categorical special education certification.
PHYSICAL EDUCATION TEACHER
Great opportunity for teachers who would love to be part of a team that serves children ages 7 to 21 with learning disabilities, behavioral difficulties, and psychiatric disorders. On-site therapists work with students. Competitive salary, excellent benefits, and collaborative work environment. Must possess valid state teacher certification (preferrably in Physical Education/Health). Experience with special education students with learning disabilities and emotional disturbance is also required.
Every Child's Hope has a full-time position available for an Accountant. The ideal candidate will work under the direct supervision of the Business Operations Director.
Primary duties and responsibilities include:
- Maintenance of the company general ledger and preparation of accurate and auditable financial statements monthly
- Preparation of bank reconciliations
- Transaction review and posting
- Journal entry preparation and processing
- Reconciliation of subsidiary ledgers
- Investment reconciliation
- Pension reconciliation and payment processing
- Payroll reconciliation and imports
- Assistance with audit preparation
- Assistance with budget preparation and posting
- Assistance with monthly financial preparation
- Variance analysis
Requirements to qualify include:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent experience.
- Must use discretion with confidential information.
- Ability to interact and assist various departments and programs
- Ability to perform tasks independently as well as work with other team members.
- Strong software skills and able to use technology effectively
ECH is seeking a Care Manager to work within its residential program for children with psychiatric and behavioral challenges. This position will work under the direct supervision of the Lead Care Manager. Primary duties and responsibilities include:
- Coordinates and monitors the treatment and general care of children from the day of admission until discharge.
- Collaborates with the treatment team in service planning.
- Works closely with the child’s therapist.
- Facilitates intake and discharge planning with ECH screener, insurance companies, families, court representative and CD workers.
Job requirements include:
- Masters degree in Social Work or equivalent
- Knowledge of residential treatment and care management experience preferred.
- Ability to work effectively under stress
- Effective communication skills and time management
- Valid drivers license and proof of auto insurance
PART-TIME HUMAN RESOURCE ASSISTANT
ECH is seeking a Part-time Human Resource Assistant to join our team. This position works to maintain a culture that treats employees as valued customers of ECH. The Part-time Human Resource Assistant should have excellent analytical skills and is responsible for all aspects of payroll processing. Position is 30 hours per week with benefits and conducts employment related duties including recruiting and background checks. Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Benefits administration
- Payroll processing
- Serving as primary backup within HR Department.
Candidate must possess:
- A minimum of 3-5 years recruitment, benefit and payroll experience
- A firm grasp of Excel, Word, Outlook and similar software programs
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field is required or 3 years related experience and/or training
FOSTER CARE CASE MANAGER-JEFFERSON CITY
The Foster Care Case Management program is an outcome driven, permanency-based program with the philosophy that children do best when they grow up in a permanent family setting. This full-time position is located in Cole County, Missouri (Jefferson City) and is a part of ECH Family Connections, the community-based part of Every Child’s Hope. The focus of this position is to ensure a safe and healthy environment for foster children while working with the family towards a permanent placement for all children on assigned case load. All decisions and steps taken are motivated by what is in the best interest of the child.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assess family strengths and needs
- Address identified needs with service referral and follow up to ensure completion
- Follow all State of Missouri Child Welfare Manual policies, procedures, protocols
- Timely entry of notes into state data entry system
- Attend and testify at all hearings at Family Court
Candidates must possess a Master’s Degree in Social Work of human service field preferred or a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or human service field and two years related experience.
The Infant/Toddler Teacher reports to the Early Education Director. The goal of the teacher is to provide a warm, nurturing, safe and loving environment where self- concepts are enhanced, independence encouraged, and individuality respected. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Maintain a safe, clean, care-giving environment, practice good personal hygiene and hand washing, and assures the well- being and safety of all the children in that are in the environment.
- Maintain an open, friendly, and cooperative relationship with each child and family.
- Maintain a positive, calm attitude and a pleasant, soothing voice. Model this attitude and voice for parent and others working or volunteering in the program.
- Encourage each child’s family to be actively involved in the Early Head Start program.
- Promote feelings of security and trust in infant and toddlers.
- Promote parent-child bonding and nurturing parent-child relationships.
- Assure that: each infant and toddler is warmly greeted upon arrival; each infant is held; and each child is assisted to gradually become part of a small group.
- Talk, sing, and read to infants frequently.
- Respond quickly in a soothing and tender manner to infants’ cries or calls of distress.
- Respond consistently to infants’ needs for food and comfort.
- Tend to children’s personal hygiene needs, remaining especially attentive to them during routines such as diaper changing, cleaning, feeding, and changing soiled or wet clothes.
- Respects infants’ curiosity about each other; ensure that children treat each other gently.
- Organize each day’s activities to provide children with a variety of experiences and opportunities that allow them to develop curiosity, initiative, problem solving skills, and creativity, as well as a sense of self and a feeling of belonging to the group.
- Complete daily health checks, feeding logs, diaper changing log, daily activity log for parents, and other documentation as may be deemed necessary for providing quality service.
- Provide for the physical safety of each child from arrival time until departure time.
- Observe children to detect signs of illness, injury, abuse, neglect, emotional disturbance, or other special needs, and reports these signs immediately to the Center Director or person in charge.
- Plan activities for children with special needs, with training and technical assistance from disabilities and mental health specialists; implement individual education plans, behavior management plans, and/or individualized services or activities outlined for these children.
- Attend staff meetings, conferences and the required training programs.
- Supervise children at nap and outside play.
Must possess Associates Degree, preferrably in Early Childhood Education as well as CDA.
YOUTH CARE SPECIALISTS
Rewarding full and part-time positions available within residential programs serving children with moderate to severe behavioral challenges. Position offers one of the highest salaries in the industry, excellent benefits, and team environment. ALL SHIFTS AVAILABLE. Must be 21 years of age and able to pass an extensive background screen including a clean driving record and drug screen. Must be willing and capable of becoming Safe Crisis Management (SCM) certified.
To apply for any of the above positions, please send resume and cover letter to:
ECH Every Child's Hope
Attention: Human Resources
8240 St. Charles Rock Road
St. Louis, MO 63114
Please, no phone calls regarding open positions and application status.
Thank you for your interest in ECH Every Child's Hope!