Search for Jobs
ECH Every Child's Hope has many positions caring for the children we serve.
Following is a list of our current openings:
The Infant/Toddler Teacher reports to the Early Education Director. The goal of the teacher is to provide a warm, nurturing, safe and loving environment where self- concepts are enhanced, independence encouraged, and individuality respected. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Maintain a safe, clean, care-giving environment, practice good personal hygiene and hand washing, and assures the well- being and safety of all the children in that are in the environment.
- Maintain an open, friendly, and cooperative relationship with each child and family.
- Maintain a positive, calm attitude and a pleasant, soothing voice. Model this attitude and voice for parent and others working or volunteering in the program.
- Encourage each child’s family to be actively involved in the Early Head Start program.
- Promote feelings of security and trust in infant and toddlers.
- Promote parent-child bonding and nurturing parent-child relationships.
- Assure that: each infant and toddler is warmly greeted upon arrival; each infant is held; and each child is assisted to gradually become part of a small group.
- Talk, sing, and read to infants frequently.
- Respond quickly in a soothing and tender manner to infants’ cries or calls of distress.
- Respond consistently to infants’ needs for food and comfort.
- Tend to children’s personal hygiene needs, remaining especially attentive to them during routines such as diaper changing, cleaning, feeding, and changing soiled or wet clothes.
- Respects infants’ curiosity about each other; ensure that children treat each other gently.
- Organize each day’s activities to provide children with a variety of experiences and opportunities that allow them to develop curiosity, initiative, problem solving skills, and creativity, as well as a sense of self and a feeling of belonging to the group.
- Complete daily health checks, feeding logs, diaper changing log, daily activity log for parents, and other documentation as may be deemed necessary for providing quality service.
- Provide for the physical safety of each child from arrival time until departure time.
- Observe children to detect signs of illness, injury, abuse, neglect, emotional disturbance, or other special needs, and reports these signs immediately to the Center Director or person in charge.
- Plan activities for children with special needs, with training and technical assistance from disabilities and mental health specialists; implement individual education plans, behavior management plans, and/or individualized services or activities outlined for these children.
- Attend staff meetings, conferences and the required training programs.
- Supervise children at nap and outside play.
Must possess Associates Degree, preferrably in Early Childhood Education as well as CDA.
YOUTH CARE SPECIALISTS
Rewarding full and part-time positions available within residential programs serving children with moderate to severe behavioral challenges. Position offers one of the highest salaries in the industry, excellent benefits, and team environment. ALL SHIFTS AVAILABLE. Must be 21 years of age and able to pass an extensive background screen including a clean driving record and drug screen. Must be willing and capable of becoming Safe Crisis Management (SCM) certified.
FAMILY SOLUTIONS FOR KIDS CASE THERAPIST
Case Therapist position is available within our Family Solutions for Kids program which provides in-home therapy and case management services to St. Louis County children and families. Candidate must have a master's degree in counseling, social work or related field and be either licensed or provisionally licensed in the State of Missouri. Evening hours are required.
To apply for any of the above positions, please send resume and cover letter to:
ECH Every Child's Hope
Attention: Human Resources
8240 St. Charles Rock Road
St. Louis, MO 63114
Please, no phone calls regarding open positions and application status.
Thank you for your interest in ECH Every Child's Hope!