Young Lives, Transformed
Picture yourself at the grocery store, asking for an item from the butcher. A business woman stands next to you and waits patiently to place her order. A police officer whistles as he walks by with an armful of snacks.
All the people you just envisioned are actual former residents of ECH’s Residential Treatment Program. They’re examples of the success ECH has helping youth overcome challenges to grow up and have full, productive lives.
Youth come to live on our campus after years of wrestling with significant abuse or trauma. Here, they’re connected with a team of professionals who wrap them in care and create a customized plan for meeting their individual needs. They’re able to heal in a safe and structured therapeutic environment, where they get the tools they need to be successful once they return to their homes or communities when their treatment is complete.
We work with them develop skills that will help them be successful for the rest of their lives. Most importantly, we provide hope.
Who our Residential Treatment Program serves:
- Youth ages 10-17
- All gender identities
Who’s on staff:
- Master’s-level social workers to provide case management
- Therapists trained in trauma-focused cognitive behavioral therapy (TF-CBT), eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EDMR), and other evidenced-based practices
- Afterhours crisis intervention specialists that include a 24 hour, on-call staff of nurses and clinicians
*All staff trained in safe crisis management certification and trauma informed care
What we offer:
- Individualized programs that are custom-created to meet clients where they are
- Special programs surrounding physical abuse, sexually harmful behaviors, Autism, developmental delays, and other related traumas
- Family therapy (in-person and virtual)
- Family engagement visits at the Youth Development Center or on our park-like campus area
- Weekly group therapy for every resident that covers topics such as anger management, coping skills, social skills, etc.
- Educational services
- On-site medical and psychiatric care
- Recreational therapy
- Substance use and abuse prevention/education counseling
- Chapel services (voluntary, non-denominational)
- Aftercare (click here to view flyer)